Reserve your copy of the forthcoming book Chief Executive DAD: How to Have a Stellar Career and Be a Great Dad at the Same Time NOW and get the audio version FREE. (You're not purchasing the book. Only reserving a copy if you're interested in buying it later. Your e-mail will only be used to communicate the status of the book's publishing dates)
Email:

Sunday, February 13, 2005

 

The Worst Reason to Retire

I'm sure you've heard it before. "_______ (fill in the name) has decided to step down to spend more time with his family." Guest what, _________(fill in the name again). TOO LATE. It still amazes me how many men who spend twenty or thirty years climbing the ladder, spending week's away from their families end up resigning with the desire to backfill the family relationships that they missed on the way up. Doesn't it seem more appropriate to delay the inevitable ego-driven rise to career success while our kids need us around the most? It's possible to do them together. One must use his creativity and focused energy to create a life grounded by family but blessed by the success of a fulfilling and rewarding career. I can't wait to tell my kids at their college graduation that I'm going to take some time off from them to focus on my career. At that point, I figure they'll be tired of my anyway.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?